Monday, October 5, 2015

Week 7A

Today in class we started talking about the new project we are working on. Our new project is creating a 404 Error Page for a specific website of our choosing using Photoshop and Illustrator. Our final product must include one scanned photo, one captured photo that we took ourselves, and one graphic created in Illustrator. Our error page must also reflect the brand, capture user attention, explain what the problem is and how it occurred, instruct the user how to correct it, is written in plain language using an active voice, and show a supporting composite visual.

After going over the project, I started searching for websites that did not have creative, thought-out 404 error pages. I found three that I could work with are Forever 21, Amazon, and Verizon Wireless. These are their error pages:

Forever 21:

Amazon:

Verizon Wireless:


After narrowing down my search to these three websites, I started sketching out and writing down some ideas. Forever 21 and Verizon Wireless were not too hard to come up with ideas but Amazon, because it is such a broad company, was a lot harder.

Here are the sketches I have so far for each company:

Forever 21:


Verizon Wireless:


Amazon:


So far my stronger ideas are Forever 21 and Verizon Wireless. I still would like to come up with a few more sketches for each.


The hardest past is going to be getting images for this project.


No comments:

Post a Comment